Newborn Essentials

When my first one was born I was so overwhelmed by so much type of products available that I almost wanted to buy everything I saw, of course I didn't do that. We call ourselves wise spenders and we check each and every aspect of any product before buying like the usability or the time we can use the particular item for, if the particular product is worth the quoted price or not. Sometimes I was lured by some of the products and I later regretted buying them. So this time I exactly knew things I needed.
I have listed the few essential products that helped me in keeping myself sane.

1. Carry cot cum rocker:
For the families who stay in the nuclear setup and do not have extra help to take care of the babies, carry cot cum rocker is a boon. Little pumpkin is the fourth baby of our family who is using the same carry cot. It really has helped me with both my kids. Babies feel snug and cozy in the cot, trust me my babies has slept for 3+ hours at one go in it. New moms are so exhausted and a little rest is all we need and deserve. sometimes I even have my meals while rocking the cot with one hand. I totally love this

2. Baby Bather:
I always wondered how will I manage to bathe the baby once my Mother in law is gone. Here is when baby bather helped. My mom gifted me one when my elder one was born and it made the bathing time a breeze. Select the one which helps in keeping baby's head upright and not straight in line with the legs.

3. Rattles:
Rattles are must buy for newborn babies to grab their attention while changing their nappies or diapers, to divert a crying baby and what not. We love our wooden baby rattles as they are environment friendly, painted with non toxic colors and safe for babies as well. They are not very loud hence soothing for baby's ears.
 
4. Baby gym:
This is one product I didn't buy for my elder one but I bought for younger one. Though it is not usable for first two months of their life but once the baby is 3 months he starts enjoying the hanging rattles and tries to grab them. We completely love our fisher price kick and play baby gym, it plays music when the baby kicks on it and my baby absolutely love that he is in charge of what he is hearing. It helps improve baby's fine motor skills. Baby also learns about connection between actions and reaction.




These are the few things I used  most for the first 3-4 months of their life. I hope you guys also find them useful.

Comments

Popular Posts