Mermaid theme Birthday party

I would be calling my daughter little pie on the blog. Its almost an year when we celebrated her 5th birthday. To me birthdays have always been very important since my childhood. I used to be very excited weeks before my birthday. And now with a little girl who is also very excited about birthdays and parties, I always make sure to make an extra effort on her birthdays. Every year she gets to decide which theme she would like to have on her birthday. I make all the party decorations myself.  I wanted her 5th birthday to be very special and she chose the theme Ariel the little mermaid. I myself loved Ariel as kid and was excited to jump into the Ariel's world.
                                                  

To start with the party planning, I first of all wanted to have mermaid theme dress ready for her. I got it customized from my local boutique. I sourced the dress materials from market and got it stitched from my boutique. I must say both me and pie were happy with the result. The purple material I chose was sequined cloth and bottom skirt part is net with a lot of cancan inside.
                                                  





Next I made a few photo props. I made a mermaid theme  photo booth background which is not seen in pictures sadly. I could not take pictures as I was alone decorating the hall and attending to the guests later on, and  the photographer did not even care to click the decor even after asking for it. Anyway the photo props were free printable I found over the net and a few I designed myself in word. I got them printed on the art paper and stuck bamboo skewers behind them.

Note to self: always take pictures of decor yourself and do not rely on anyone else. As nobody cares for the efforts you have put in to make the handmade things other than you. 


She wanted a simple cake with the picture of Ariel on it and we got it made from our local bakery who makes yummiest of the cakes!
other than this I made a few pom poms in purple and green colors, the cake table had a pretty tassel garland and I made a wishing booth also which had a sea theme feel. All the stuff was handmade by me but sadly I do not have any pictures of them. :(


This is one picture I have where you can see the pom poms hanging from roof and the frames you see on the table had her picture on one side and thank you message n the other side. I sourced these frames from Ikea, Bangkok.
I will try sourcing if anyone has more pictures in their phone and will update.





Comments

  1. "Hi Shivani, I read some of your posts and you are writing very well. I am the Social Media Manager at mycity4kids, which has 8 milion visitors in a month. We would love to hear your story about women, parenting, children, etc. You can write in English or any other Indian language. To start writing please visit the below link
    https://www.mycity4kids.com/parenting/admin/setupablog
    If you face any issue, you can write to me at smita.pal@mycity4kids.com "

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts